Cookies and Cream Whoopie Pies
This treat is good on any day of the week but on those days when you want to have something sweet ...well here it is! You can prepare this in no time. The prep time is 50 minutes which serves up to 14 people. Anyone can do this....prep,bake and eat. Hope you like!
You would need the following ingredients:
- pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- cup sour cream
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- teaspoon vanilla
- cup sugar
- creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- cup Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting (from 12-oz container)
- cup marshmallow creme
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, cocoa and flour. Add sour cream, butter, vanilla and egg; stir until stiff dough
- 2. Shape dough into 28 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Roll in sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Press each ball to flatten slightly.
- 3. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Cool 2 minutes; remove from the sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- 4. In small bowl, stir filling ingredients until well mixed. To make each whoopie pie, spread about 2 teaspoons filling on bottom of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom side down; gently press cookies together. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.