Creamy Seafood Pasta
Let's begin with Ingredients....
16 oz uncooked linguine
- can (18.5 oz) Progresso® Traditional New England clam chowder
- cup milk
- cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- cloves garlic, minced
- tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2
- lb uncooked peeled deveined large shrimp, tails peeled
- package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (3 cups)
- medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste, if desired
- cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz), if desired
In 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven, cook linguine as directed on package. Drain well; return to Dutch oven and cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in blender, place clam chowder, milk, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and the garlic; blend on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp, mushrooms and onions; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp turn pink.
Stir in pepper flakes and soup mixture; cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour over cooked linguine in Dutch oven; toss gently to coat. Top individual servings with Parmesan cheese.
All done! Begin to serve :-)