This recipe serves 15 people which takes about one hour and 55 minutes to make. Prep time is quick and easy in 15 minutes flat.
Try it! I guarantee you wouldn't regret it.
Red Velvet Espresso and Cream Swirled Brownies
Cream Cheese Swirl Layer
- package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- cup sugar
- tablespoon Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- tablespoon vanilla
- box Betty Crocker® Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- bottle (1 oz) red food color
Heat oven to 350ºF (325ºF for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray. In small bowl, beat cream cheese swirl layer ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Set aside.
Make brownie batter as directed on box, using water, oil, eggs and adding espresso coffee powder and red food color; mix well until batter turns a rich red color. Spread batter in pan.
Dollop cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls evenly on top of batter. With knife, cut through mixture a few times to marble.
Bake as directed on brownie mix box or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut into 5 rows by 3 rows. Store in refrigerator.